How to create a manifest file????

Hello,
I'm new to QIIME and am trying to use it to analyze my 16s rRNA sequencing data. I tried the general instructions laid out for importing data onto qiime but it's giving me an error. So I read on the forum that I could create a manifest file. The problem is I don't know how to create a manifest file. I'd really appreciate it if someone could please help me, on how to create a manifest file. I have my data in fastq format. I have 3 files in total, one with barcodes, and 2 for the forward and reverse sequences. I've tried both EMPpaired end sequence protocol, and the mutiplexed code as well but nothing seems to be working.

Hello Yavnika,

We have a guide over here:
https://docs.qiime2.org/2021.8/tutorials/importing/#fastq-manifest-formats

For some reason, our tutorials often do not show up on Google. :crying_cat_face: You can find a full list of them over here: Tutorials — QIIME 2 2021.8.0 documentation

1 Like

Hi, Thank you for responding. I figured out that if I convert my files to fastq.gz format I can use the EMP protocol to import the files which worked in my case. The files are multiplexed so i'm trying to demultiplex them, using the code given on the qiime website, with qiime demux-paired option. I'm facing the problem as I got the error:
No sequences were mapped to samples. Check that your barcodes are in the correct orientation (see the rev_comp_barcodes and/or rev_comp_mapping_barcodes options). If barcodes are NOT Golay format set golay_error_correction to False.

How do I find out if the barcodes are golay or not? If I directly use the --p-no-golay-error-correction and it works how do I know if I'm doing the correct analysis and didn't mess up somewhere. I'd really appreciate the help.