Firefox incompatibility

I experienced a Firefox incomatibility with the newest Firefox release 61.0.1 (64bit) on Win10 (sorry, I have to open a new topic since similar topics are closed).
'Qiime 2 View' (https://view.qiime2.org) tells ne that it would be compatible with FF47++, but I get the error message (screenshot).
Any suggestions?

1 Like

Oh no! That’s not right. Just in case, are you using a private browsing window? Service workers get disabled in that context.

I get this window, when not using private browsing...
I will have to look deeper into Firefox (or use Chrome).
grafik

Hey @arwqiime!

Interesting, if you were to open up the developer console (instructions for that here) and choose the networking tab, what do you see?

I kind of think something is wrong with your CA certificates, but I the entire connection should have died, so I don't know why you see anything at all, much less the SecurityError.

A screenshot of the network tab of the developer console is attached. If you want me to provide more details, please send me some instructions.
Thank you very much!

Hello,
a short update on the viewer issue above: It has nothing to do with CA certificates, as the page loads correctly in Chrome (as out IT department says).
Therefore, I created a brandnew Firefox profile with standard settings, and it loads correctly. I tried to figure out which one of my settings does cause the SecurityError, but I could not find it until now.

Sorry about causing this trouble, the problem was my (somehow modified) Firefox profile…

3 Likes

No problem at all! I'm glad you were able to sort it out, I was at a total loss myself :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.