Error while filtering reps-seqs.qza

So I wanted to filter out the sequences after DADA2 based on time points in my metadata. The dataset consists of 13 time points but for my study I only require time points from 0-5. So I tried the following command:
qiime feature-table filter-seqs
–i-data rep-seqs.qza
–m-metadata-file metadata.tsv
–p-where “CAST(time_point AS INTEGER) BETWEEN 0 AND 5”
–o-filtered-data rep-seqs-filtered1.qza
but it keeps giving me the error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/basilin/miniconda3/envs/qiime2-2019.1/lib/python3.6/site-packages/q2cli/commands.py”, line 274, in call
results = action(**arguments)
File “</home/basilin/miniconda3/envs/qiime2-2019.1/lib/python3.6/site-packages/decorator.py:decorator-gen-318>”, line 2, in filter_seqs
File “/home/basilin/miniconda3/envs/qiime2-2019.1/lib/python3.6/site-packages/qiime2/sdk/action.py”, line 231, in bound_callable
output_types, provenance)
File “/home/basilin/miniconda3/envs/qiime2-2019.1/lib/python3.6/site-packages/qiime2/sdk/action.py”, line 365, in callable_executor
output_views = self._callable(**view_args)
File “/home/basilin/miniconda3/envs/qiime2-2019.1/lib/python3.6/site-packages/q2_feature_table/_filter.py”, line 112, in filter_seqs
raise ValueError(‘All features were filtered out of the data.’)
ValueError: All features were filtered out of the data.

Plugin error from feature-table:

All features were filtered out of the data.

I am unable to figure out what I am doing wrong.
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks

Hey there @basilin_benson!

You are using Sample IDs to filter your Features. None of the IDs will match in this case, which is filtering everything out!

You can use feature-table filter-samples to filter your feature table based on Sample IDs. If any features are only found in the samples removed, they will be removed, too. Then, you can take the filtered FeatureTable[Frequency] and use that as the filtering input to feature-table filter-seqs.

:t_rex: :t_rex: :t_rex:

Im sorry but im not exactly sure what this means

I did perform
qiime feature-table filter-samples --i-table table.qza --m-metadata-file time0-5_metadata.tsv --o-filtered-table filtered-table.qza using a metadata file consisting only of the sample I need.

Im not sure what to do next as I need the filtered reps.qza file to perform the taxonomic analysis

You can provide a FeatureTable[Frequency] as input to feature-table filter-seqs, this will allow you to filter your FeatureData[Sequence] down to only the features present in your table.

:qiime2:

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.