Error when trying to group heatmap

Hi,
I think I have same problem as @SetaPark had. But, I don't think I am understanding the suggested solution.
I am trying to average my samples by group and visualize the group average using heat map.

The heatmap above list all the individual samples
But I would like to represent by group average (like what @SetaPark explained with the drawing above but in heatmap not in taxabarplot).

I have 22 samples and the are grouped by their fermentation periods.
editedmeta.txt (1.7 KB)

I used

qiime feature-table group
--i-table table-no-mitochondria-no-chloroplast.qza
--p-axis sample
--m-metadata-file editedmeta.txt
--m-metadata-column Fermentation
--p-mode median-ceiling
--o-grouped-table grouped-table.qza

to group the samples, then I ran

qiime feature-table heatmap
--i-table grouped-table.qza
--m-sample-metadata-file editedmeta.txt
--m-sample-metadata-column Fermentation
--p-cluster none
--p-color-scheme seismic
--o-visualization heatmap-group.qzv

and I am having the following error message

Plugin error from feature-table:

The following IDs are not present in the metadata: 'Expired', 'Fourteen', 'None', 'Paste', 'Seven', 'Three', 'Twenty_Eight'

Debug info has been saved to /var/folders/kx/p78zx40x3ng39l4wmlc8t2sc0000gn/T/qiime2-q2cli-err-zdhye0rm.log

So I modified my meta data file and ran the same commend line above.
editedmeta_group.txt (698 Bytes)
and now I am having

There was an issue with loading the file editedmeta_group.txt as metadata:

There was an issue with loading the metadata file:

Metadata IDs must be unique. The following IDs are duplicated: 'Expired', 'Fourteen', 'None', 'Paste', 'Seven', 'Three', 'Twenty_Eight'

There may be more errors present in the metadata file. To get a full report, sample/feature metadata files can be validated with Keemei: https://keemei.qiime2.org

Find details on QIIME 2 metadata requirements here: Metadata in QIIME 2 — QIIME 2 2021.4.0 documentation

Please help!
Thank you.

Hi @paul_nam
Welcome!
You need additionally modify your metadata file to exclude replicated rows. Each group should correspond to one row, not numerous rows since you already averaged your samples by groups.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.