error using qiime composition da_barplot

Hi @lizgehret
I have used ancombc and ran into the same issue with 'qiime composition da-barplot' as decribed above.
However, I am using qiime2-2023.2 installed as a miniconda env on Linux (AlmaLinux9).

The message in the da-barplot qzv is:
Couldn't generate plot for LocationLeimbach: must specify file format: ['png', 'svg', 'html', 'json']

Any suggestions how to solve this issue?
Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @arwqiime,

Apologies for the delay in response on this, thanks so much for your patience!

Can you re-run this command and include the --verbose flag, and copy/paste your entire command along with the full error traceback in your response? Additionally, are you using the example data to create this visualization, or another dataset? If so, would you be willing to share that differentials file with me? Feel free to DM me if you'd rather not share it publicly on this post.

Cheers :lizard:

1 Like

hi @lizgehret

I used my own data as well as the example data with ancombc, but got the same error in the da-barplot output qzv.
I used these commands with the example data:

qiime composition ancombc
--i-table table.qza
--m-metadata-file metadata.tsv
--p-formula bodysite
--o-differentials dataloaf.qza \

qiime composition da-barplot
--i-data dataloaf.qza
--o-visualization dataloaf-da.qzv
--verbose \

However, the qzv is created but no additional error messages were displayed.
Thanks for your support!

dataloaf.qza (76.0 KB)
dataloaf-da.qzv (207.1 KB)

Hi @arwqiime,
Thank you for the additional info!
It looks like your Altair(3.1.0) in your env is different than the Altair(4.2.2) in my env.
In your Provenance under python packages:

I re-ran qiime composition da-barplot using the differentials that you created. Here is my Altair package according to my provanence:
Screenshot 2023-04-17 at 11.16.17 AM

So I suspect this is the issue. I think the easiest thing to do is to remove your qiime2 install and re-install it. Let me know if that works!

Also, I attached the visualization I made. Be aware there is a bug currently where if you have spaces in your metadata value a %2B is added to the url instead of a + so you will want to replace the %2B with a + so the URL works.

Hope that helps!
:turtle:
dataloaf-test.qzv (257.0 KB)

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.