Error: QIIME 2 has no plugin/command named 'q2-cscs'

Hello everyone,

I’m completely new to Qiime2 so I apologize if this question has an obvious answer. I am currently using Qiime2 2022.11 in mac OS. I installed the q2-cscs plugin according to this:

conda install -c askerdb q2-cscs
qiime dev refresh-cache

And it was installed successfully. When I then move on to working through the q2-cscs running tutorial: GitHub - madeleineernst/q2-cscs: An implementation of the chemical structural and compositional dissimilarity metric in qiime2
I end up getting an error message: Error: QIIME 2 has no plugin/command named 'q2-cscs'. after running this command

qiime cscs cscs --p-css-edges small_GNPS_edges.tsv --i-features small_GNPS_buckettable.qza --p-cosine-threshold 0.5 --p-normalization --o-distance-matrix small_cscs_distance_matrix.qza

I have tried this multiple times and cannot seem to figure out where I’m going wrong. Any advice would be much appreciated!! I also attached a picture of the terminal and the commands following the tutorial so you can see if there is an error.

Hello and welcome to :qiime2: Forum!

doesn't work for me as well.
Having in mind that plugin was unmaintained for 4 years there is no hope. If you want to use it the only way would be to reimplement it.
If you think, that it is a useful method don't hesitate to write a plugin!

Cheers
Valentyn

2 Likes

Hello! Thank you very much for your response it was very helpful to understand why wasn't it working.

1 Like