Error message of "qiime diversity core-metrics-phylogenetic" step

I got following error message while run the “qiime diversity core-metrics-phylogenetic” step on Qiime2-2017.12 version. My last run of this step went smoothly on qiime2-2017.12. Any idea? Thanks, Gary

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/opt/apps/Miniconda3/envs/qiime2-2017.12/bin/qiime”, line 11, in
sys.exit(qiime())
File “/opt/apps/Miniconda3/envs/qiime2-2017.12/lib/python3.5/site-packages/click/core.py”, line 722, in call
return self.main(*args, **kwargs)
File “/opt/apps/Miniconda3/envs/qiime2-2017.12/lib/python3.5/site-packages/click/core.py”, line 697, in main
rv = self.invoke(ctx)
File “/opt/apps/Miniconda3/envs/qiime2-2017.12/lib/python3.5/site-packages/click/core.py”, line 1066, in invoke
return _process_result(sub_ctx.command.invoke(sub_ctx))
File “/opt/apps/Miniconda3/envs/qiime2-2017.12/lib/python3.5/site-packages/click/core.py”, line 1066, in invoke
return _process_result(sub_ctx.command.invoke(sub_ctx))
File “/opt/apps/Miniconda3/envs/qiime2-2017.12/lib/python3.5/site-packages/click/core.py”, line 895, in invoke
return ctx.invoke(self.callback, **ctx.params)
File “/opt/apps/Miniconda3/envs/qiime2-2017.12/lib/python3.5/site-packages/click/core.py”, line 535, in invoke
return callback(*args, **kwargs)
File “/opt/apps/Miniconda3/envs/qiime2-2017.12/lib/python3.5/site-packages/q2cli/commands.py”, line 191, in call
arguments, missing_in, verbose, quiet = self.handle_in_params(kwargs)
File “/opt/apps/Miniconda3/envs/qiime2-2017.12/lib/python3.5/site-packages/q2cli/commands.py”, line 263, in handle_in_params
kwargs, fallback=cmd_fallback
File “/opt/apps/Miniconda3/envs/qiime2-2017.12/lib/python3.5/site-packages/q2cli/handlers.py”, line 375, in get_value
return qiime2.Artifact.load(path)
File “/opt/apps/Miniconda3/envs/qiime2-2017.12/lib/python3.5/site-packages/qiime2/sdk/result.py”, line 80, in load
type(result).name))
TypeError: Attempting to load Visualization with Artifact.load. Use Visualization.load instead.

Hi @hotblast!

That error message means you supplied a visualization (.qzv) somewhere that was expecting to see an artifact (.qza). Without seeing the command you wrote, we can't provide specific guidance (so if you double-check your command and are still stuck, please reply with the precise command you are running). Thanks! :t_rex:

Quick followup: we have an open issue to have a better error message displayed in this case. We’ll follow up here when the error message fix makes it into a release!

Thanks, i quickly found this mistaken after I submitted my question to forum. I wish there is a way allowing users to retract or cancel out their question before you guys spending your time on it.

QIIME 2 2018.2 is out now, and it includes a new and improved error message for this situation!

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.