Difficulty knowing how to use Qiime2 for metagenomic sequence analysis.

Good evening jphagen,
Please forgive my intrusion, but am desperately in need of help.
I have gone through the tutorial on moving picture and Atacama soil Microbiome project and was able to complete every step now I have been trying to used my own samples but constantly fail. The sequence I have doesn't come with a separate barcode zip file nor did it come with a metadata document. It's a metagenomics sample (DNA sequences from poultry droppings) (most say am new to all of this, so I may be a little confused at times).
My challenge is that I can go to the point of Qiime tool import to get a qza file after that i get stocked. Now from the tutorial the nxt step for a multiplex sample should be demultiplexing but I keep getting an error message (I attached a screenshot of the error message). I've tried jumping the step to trim, but I still get error. I can't do other analysis because I don't have the files needed for them, please help as I really need Qiime for my project work.
Thank you sir.

Hi @Louis,
I have made this conversation public so that everyone on the forum can benefit from your question. In the future, please refrain from messaging moderators privately. Thank you.
-Hannah

1 Like

An off-topic reply has been merged into an existing topic: Trying to use my own provided data

Please keep replies on-topic in the future.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.