Demux Summarizing Error

Hii,

I was running the code to summarize the De-multiplexed sequences. code was as below--

qiime demux summarize --i-data demux_seqs.qza --o-visualization visualization.qzv

But i am getting the following error-

Plugin error from demux:

'NoneType' object has no attribute 'strip'

Debug info has been saved to /tmp/qiime2-q2cli-err-kan1eryz.log

Looking forward to suggestions

Hi @Shan,

Please re-run your command with the --verbose flag and copy/paste the results in your response - this will give us a better idea of where this error is coming from. Thanks!

Its giving the error like-

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/shabbir/anaconda3/envs/qiime2-2023.5/lib/python3.8/site-packages/q2cli/commands.py", line 468, in call
results = action(**arguments)
File "", line 2, in summarize
File "/home/shabbir/anaconda3/envs/qiime2-2023.5/lib/python3.8/site-packages/qiime2/sdk/action.py", line 274, in bound_callable
outputs = self.callable_executor(
File "/home/shabbir/anaconda3/envs/qiime2-2023.5/lib/python3.8/site-packages/qiime2/sdk/action.py", line 558, in callable_executor
ret_val = self._callable(output_dir=temp_dir, **view_args)
File "/home/shabbir/anaconda3/envs/qiime2-2023.5/lib/python3.8/site-packages/q2_demux/_summarize/_visualizer.py", line 140, in summarize
for seq in _read_fastq_seqs(filename):
File "/home/shabbir/anaconda3/envs/qiime2-2023.5/lib/python3.8/site-packages/q2_demux/_demux.py", line 64, in _read_fastq_seqs
yield (seq_header.strip(), seq.strip(), qual_header.strip(),
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'strip'

Hi @Shan,

Thanks for providing that traceback!

It looks like the issue lies somewhere within one of your sequence or quality score headers. Let's take a closer look at your demux file - can you run the following command and copy/paste the results in your response?

qiime tools validate demux_seqs.qza

This should give us more information on where the issue lies within your demultiplexed sequences. Thanks! :lizard:

1 Like

Hello @Shan,

It looks like you deleted your last post. We won't plan on responding until you update this topic again, just to let you know.

thanks, colin. the problem is resolved

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.