CZI-CABANA Microbiome Bioinformatics with QIIME 2 Workshop (our first-ever online QIIME 2 workshop!)

Hello,

I would like to thank all the organizer of the workshop. I cannot find a link for payment. How can I pay?
Best,
Armin

Hello,

Is registration open? Please let me know.

Thanks,
Zahra

Hi,

Thank you so much for this amazing idea. I wonder if it is possible to record the workshop and provide it at the same cost as many of us will be working at the time of this workshop.

Best,

Hello,

I was wondering if you could please provide the registration link. I just check the website everyday and please let me know if the registration is open.

Thanks,
Zahra

Hello! Is the link from registration available? Please, let me know. Thanks.
I’m like Zaha…

I cannot find the link to the registration. Could you help me with this?

Thank you.

General registration will be available no later than September 15th, 2020 - please watch this page for more details.
So check the website for regular updates

1 Like

Hi,

I would like to attend the ourse, I cannot find the page to ask for attendance and to pay the fee, would please help me? thanks a lot!

Michela

Hi @MichelaRiba!

Hopefully we will share more details in the next week or so!

:qiime2:

Thank you for your information.

Hi!

I also was looking forward to this course for a long time! So I’m really looking for the registration next week.
It might be possible that due to some inconvinience I will not be able to make the course in the week from the 5th to the 9th of October. Is it possible to make it with the recorded material weeks afterwards?

Kinds,
Cris

Hi!

I am looking forward to attending this wonder workshop but I have a question. If the work period (8 am to 2 pm) is based on USA time zone, this will be quite difficult for me to follow-up all sessions, as I am living in Asian zone where sessions time will meet the midnight in my place. I read that there will be pre-record materials for the offline follow-up but are they typically the materials used during the live lectures or it is going to be different?
Looking forward to seeing your response.

When do you send me a link for registration?
In China, today is 2020/9/14.

I am interested in learning QIIME 2.0. PROVIDE me the link for registering.
Regards

Amazing news that you are doing this workshop! I am wondering, as someone who has already worked with QIIME 2, but could definitely learn more, how useful will the course be for me? What is the difficulty level?

Hello,

I have recently started working on 16s amplicon data. I would really like to attend this course . However the timing might not be suitable for me . I was wondering if you could you please provide us with recorded versions of the workshop at the same cost .

If so it would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Anwesha

We are excited to share more details about the upcoming CZI-CABANA QIIME 2 workshop! We are providing three different attendance options:

• Option 1: General admission tickets will be available starting September 15th
  • Option 2: CABANA application submissions will be available starting September 15th, the application deadline is September 27th.
  • Option 3: Free viewing will be available for any interested attendee - no need to apply, just show up day-of (details to follow)!

If you previously reached out to us about a “purchasing power” discount, please watch out for an email from us with your discount code, you will use that to apply for Option 1 (General Admission). We will not be able to accept any more purchasing power requests after general admission sales begin.

Additional details about each option are discussed below:

Option 1: General Admission

We have received significant pre-sale inquiries - in order to provide a fair and balanced opportunity to attend, a tickets will be made available in batches, on predetermined and staggered schedule:

• Wednesday, 9/16: 12:00 pm, UTC -8 (2020-09-16T20:00:00Z)
  • Thursday, 9/17: 12:00 pm, UTC -4 (2020-09-17T16:00:00Z)
  • Friday, 9/18: 12:00 pm, UTC (2020-09-18T12:00:00Z)
  • Saturday, 9/19: 12:00 pm, UTC +3 (2020-09-19T09:00:00Z)
  • Sunday, 9/20: 12:00 pm, UTC +6 (2020-09-20T06:00:00Z)
  • Monday, 9/21: 12:00 pm, UTC +9 (2020-09-21T03:00:00Z)
  • Tuesday, 9/22: 12:00 pm, UTC +12 (2020-09-22T00:00:00Z)

If tickets sell out of a batch, more tickets will become available at the next batch start time. As well, we are offering a “free viewing” option (more details below), in case you aren't able to purchase tickets in any of the batches listed above.

General admission registration will be available here at the times listed above:

QIIME 2: CZI-CABANA Microbiome Bioinformatics with QIIME 2 Workshop (sold out)

Update: General admission has sold out, please see CZI-CABANA Microbiome Bioinformatics with QIIME 2 Workshop (our first-ever online QIIME 2 workshop!) - #96 by thermokarst for more details.

Option 2: CABANA

We are really excited to announce that we are teaming up with the great folks with the CABANA program to provide discounted options for attendees based in Latin America. Applications will be accepted from September 15th through September 27th. For more information, please visit https://www.ebi.ac.uk/training/events/2020/czi-cabana-joint-workshop-microbiome-bioinformatics-qiime-2.

Option 3: Free Viewing

The workshop will be simulcast live to YouTube! We will provide additional details the week before the workshop begins, so check back here in a few weeks. In the meantime, please install QIIME 2 so that you can follow along on your own (free viewing attendees will not have access to the shared workshop server used for the interactive tutorial commands we will run as a group).

Pre-recorded material will only be available to General Admission and CABANA attendees (and will only be available for a limited time during the week of the workshop). We hope to offer a fully standalone ad hoc online course soon (hopefully some time in 2021 - we will announce more details as we develop the course).

As always, please reach out to us if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions!

We are so excited to see you soon!
:qiime2:

6 Likes