Create metadata/manifest file for demultiplexed pair-end sequence reads from Illumina

Hello, I am having trouble creating a metadata file containing the forward (R1) and reverse (R2) files for each sample.
So I have three samples, and for each a R1 and a R2. The samples are named sample-1, sample-2, sample-neg.
Here's the format:
49-1_CCGGCACTAT-TTCGCAATTC_L001_R1_001.fastq.gz
49-1_CCGGCACTAT-TTCGCAATTC_L001_R2_001.fastq.gz
74-26_CGATGAGACT-GCACGACTAA_L001_R1_001.fastq.gz
74-26_CGATGAGACT-GCACGACTAA_L001_R2_001.fastq.gz
42-NEGATIVE_CCATTCTGTA-GACGAGACCT_L001_R1_001.fastq.gz
42-NEGATIVE_CCATTCTGTA-GACGAGACCT_L001_R2_001.fastq.gz

All these files are stored in the following folder: /mnt/c/Users/eliag/Desktop/UCD/RECOBAR-BARLEY/bioinfo/reads/

Can anyone help me create this manifest file? I checked all the tutorials and they are extremely confusing. I don't know where to start.

Thank you!

Hi @Elia_Godoli,
Welcome to the :qiime2: forum!
It seems like you are needing help importing your data into QIIME 2, is that correct? if not please share commands you have tried and the error you are getting and we can work from there.

Have you been able to create a qiime2 environment on your machine?
Sometimes the shear number of different tutorials can be overwhelming! I get it. I would recommend working through the installation tutorial first to get started and as you get stuck we are here to help!

Something that is also very useful is searching the forum, there are thousands of users who have similar problems and you can often find an answer there.

-Hannah

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.