Conflicts found when installing qiime2-2022.2 on MacOS 12.2.1

Getting error Found conflicts! Looking for incompatible packages. when trying to install QIIME2 2022.2 on MacOS 12.2.1.

I see in forum posts (Instalation qiime 2020.11 Found conflicts! Looking for incompatible packages) that for previous versions this has been addressed by the development team rebuilding the environment files:

" Hey there @PatoUru & @cdiener - @ebolyen did some sleuthing and uncovered some package shuffling related to the r-base package - this appears to be the root cause of the issue. We rebuilt the environment files, and all seems to be back in order.

You will need to download new copies of the environment files in order to proceed.

Let us know if you run into any hiccups - thanks for the reports!"

Is that necessary here?

I have tried a number of other "workarounds", including downgrading python and setting set channel_priority to false. false to o avail.

2 Likes

Hi @jconoranderson86,

Thanks for reaching out! This is an issue we are working to resolve today - I'll follow up with you once that's taken care of, and have you try doing a fresh install to confirm things are working on your end. Thanks for your patience!

1 Like

Thanks for the quick response @lizgehret! Which package are you referring to for a fresh install?

@jconoranderson86 apologies for not clarifying - when we have this resolved you'll want to do a fresh install of qiime2-2022.2!

Got it, thanks @lizgehret! This will be my first install apart from the failed ones. Is there anything I need to remove or should I just follow the conda environment installation instructions?

Hey @jconoranderson86,

I think we've fixed the issue. You should be able to delete the environment file (ends in .yml) and just follow the instructions as before (download the same URL for the environment file, it's been updated).

If conda complains about an environment (or prefix) already existing, you may need to remove it first.
(conda env remove -n qiime2-2022.2)

4 Likes

Not the original author (just someone with the same issue) - installed like a charm for me. Thanks!

1 Like

Worked a charm, thanks!

1 Like

An off-topic reply has been split into a new topic: Conflicts found when attempting to install qiime2-2022.2 on osx

Please keep replies on-topic in the future.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.