conflict of packages while installing a q2-SCNIC plug in (for the compatibility with the version of python)

Hello!

I am now trying to conduct network analysis using q2-SCNIC plug in.

While I was following the guide q2-SCNIC: A tool for making correlation networks, finding modules of observations and summarizing them

and did this command

q2-SCNIC is available via bioconda so installing is easy. Just enter into your qiime 2 conda environment and use this command:

conda install -c lozuponelab q2-SCNIC

after the command, I encountered this message of problem

conda install -c lozuponelab q2-SCNICCollecting package metadata (current_repodata.json): done
Solving environment: failed with initial frozen solve. Retrying with flexible solve.
Solving environment: failed with repodata from current_repodata.json, will retry with next repodata source.

Collecting package metadata (repodata.json): done
Solving environment: failed with initial frozen solve. Retrying with flexible solve.
Solving environment: -
Found conflicts! Looking for incompatible packages.
This can take several minutes. Press CTRL-C to abort.
failed

UnsatisfiableError: The following specifications were found
to be incompatible with the existing python installation in your environment:

Specifications:

• q2-scnic -> python=3.5

Your python: python=3.8.13

If python is on the left-most side of the chain, that's the version you've asked for.
When python appears to the right, that indicates that the thing on the left is somehow
not available for the python version you are constrained to. Note that conda will not
change your python version to a different minor version unless you explicitly specify
that.

The following specifications were found to be incompatible with your system:

• feature:/linux-64::__glibc==2.27=0
  • feature:|@/linux-64::__glibc==2.27=0

Your installed version is: 2.27

It may be due to the python version hence,

I've tried to change my default set of python version by using 'sudo update-alternatives --install [nominal path] python [real path] number ' way and choose default option.

However, when I use the path of my python another version that I installed, it leads me to this error message.

I've tried to change the path of this after installation of python 3.6

sudo update-alternatives --install home/qiime2/miniconda/envs/qiime2-2022.2/bin/python python usr/bin/python3.6 2

The error message is, update-alternatives: error: alternative link is not absolute as it should be: home/qiime2/miniconda/envs/qiime2-2022.2/bin/python

The path would not be the right thing, but I don't know how to do in the virtual environmetn for qiime using.
Is there any suggestion ?

Above is one try to solve the conflict problem, but any answer or recommendation would be eagerly welcomed.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.