Conda environment fails to solve. qiime2-2023.5

Hello,

We are experiencing this problem with qiime2-2023.5. We are attempting to install on a CentOS 7 machine using a Conda environment. We are using the instructions below:

wget https://data.qiime2.org/distro/core/qiime2-2023.5-py38-linux-conda.yml
conda env create -n qiime2-2023.5 --file qiime2-2023.5-py38-linux-conda.yml

When we follow these exact instructions, the environment fails to solve and says there are conflicts. We have switched to a Red Hat 7.9 server and it has installed successfully there, but we really need it on the other server instead.

So far, we have attempted to export the successfully installed environment and import it on the desired server, no luck, still an issue with resolving environment.

Any assistance or workarounds would be greatly appreciated.

Hi @rgas20,

Do you have any other existing environments within your conda installation on your CentOS machine? QIIME 2 should install without issues on both of those operating systems to the best of my knowledge, so I'm curious if there are any existing packages/environments on your CentOS machine that are causing these conflicts.

Cheers :lizard:

Liz, thank you. We do have other environments within Conda but they are not active at that time. We deactivated the base environment and are installing to a new environment. We do have a qiime2-2020.2 environment set up and working from a previous install. I am wondering if all else fails, we could clone that environment then try to perform an update of qiime to the latest version there.

Liz, we don't know what the issue was but we ended up using conda pack to copy it over to the desired destination and that seemed to work. Apologies for taking up your time on this, we appreciate the help.

1 Like

Check out the Docker image
propolis/qiime2-2023.5-greengenes2-rescript-jupyter

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.