compatibility between qiime version and classify-sklearn

Hi,

I'd like to know if there's a way to check for the compatibility between the version of QIIME one uses (not just between QIIME1 or QIIME2, but rather the specific version of it) and the classify-sklearn version one uses.

For example, I'm using QIIME2-2020.8 and I'm trying to use classify-sklearn version 2020.6 (which online says it works with scikit-learn 0.23.1 and QIIME2 but doesn't specify if with all versions of QIIME2).

Just wondering if this could be a source for the issues I've been having with some scripts.

Thank you!

hi @rosave ,

based on my experience, you can check all plugin and package that installed in your QIIME2 version by type :

conda list -n <your QIIME2 environment name>

If you have similar version of scikit-learn, although the QIIME2 version is different, I think it will be compatible and can be used.

Hope it helps!

1 Like

Hi @rosave,
As @hakimbazol mentioned, you can check your QIIME 2 environment's packages version but you can also check to see what version any QIIME 2 artifact was made with under the "Provenance" tab.

Also recall that if you are using any of the pre-trained classifiers downloaded from the QIIME 2 resource page, you can always select which "version" of the docs you want by using the drop down menu on the top left side:

So if you need to a pre-trained classifier that matches your current QIIME 2 version just select the matching one from the drop down menu.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.