Code Review for a plugin?

Hi team,

I’m not sure where else to ask for code review on a new plugin, but this seemed like a halfway decent place. I’ve got it working. It passes the tests and the benchmarks and works, but it would still be nice to say that someone else reviewed the code. (Except linting. It fails linting and I really don’t want to have to do linting on the code).

So, I’m wondering if someone would be interested in/available for code review? Obviously it would be a substantial intelectual contribution to any manuscript going forward. (And just a substantial intelectual contribution to anything and I’d owe you a favor/food of your choice if we ever meet in person.)

Sorry if this isn’t an appropriate for here request.

Best,
Justine

4 Likes

I’m up to take a gander at it. After :turkey: day of course. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sweet! Thanks @SoilRotifer. Here is my repo:

There may actually be a fair bit of overlap with some of the rescript stuff, I think it might actually behave differently with/without rescript so thats something I need to think through.

2 Likes

Hey @SoilRotifer,

I just realized that I haven’t madee the pandas upgrade. Can I ping you once I’m passing pandas 1.0?

Sorry, I clearly haven’t been paying enough attention to the change log!

Best,
Justine

2 Likes

Sure thing! I plan to start looking through your repo later this week. Or I can wait until you update pandas. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I should hopefully be able to do it in the next couple days. I’ve got a looming deadline (because I have never procrastinated) but hopefully I’ll be done closer to the end of the week can can ping you.

2 Likes

Okay, @SoilRotifer, I think Im ready, when you’ve got bandwidth. I’ve got one issue I haven’t been able to reproduce (might be a 2020.8 and earlier issue)

And, thank you so much for your help!!!

1 Like

Cool beans! I should be able to take a look later this week(end).

1 Like