cannot run demux plugin

Hello!
I am at the very start of my QIIME2 journey. I've just imported my data using the manifest method, and wanted to create a visual summary visualisation... but I cannot get demux to work!
Any help would be appreciated. Below I've pasted the error msg.

(rescript) qiime2@qiime2core2022-2:~/Desktop/Analyses/2022/fastq$ qiime tools import \

--type SampleData[SequencesWithQuality]
--input-path EMWmanifest.tsv
--input-format SingleEndFastqManifestPhred33V2
--output-path $output/EW_reads_r1.qza
Imported EMWmanifest.tsv as SingleEndFastqManifestPhred33V2 to qiime2outputs/EW_reads_r1.qza

(rescript) qiime2@qiime2core2022-2:~/Desktop/Analyses/2022/fastq$ qiime demux summarize \

--i-data $output/EW_reads_r1.qza
--o-visualization $output/q2v_EW_reads_r1.qzv
Error: QIIME 2 has no plugin/command named 'demux'.

Hi @Lisou,

Welcome to :qiime2:!

You appear to be in a rescript environment and not in a QIIME 2 environment. That is (rescript) should be (qiime2-2022.8). Perhaps exit that environment and activate the proper QIIME 2 environment.

If you installed RESCRIPt as its own environment, know that this environment will only contain what it needs to run RESCRIPt, and does not contain the full QIIME 2 install. So, you'll have to follow the install instructions for QIIME 2.

1 Like

Hello Mike,

Thank you so much for your response, I am now in the proper environment :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.