Can anyone explain the interactive quality plots?

Dear Researcher,

After reading the tutorial, I imported my data to Qiime 2 pipeline following the workflow given in the tutorial. The analysis was smooth however I reached a step, where I could not move forward. I put the Qiime demux summary command and got "demux.qzv" file. I uploaded the file into Qiime 2 view and got two interactive plots for the forward and reverse reads. I use the mouse cursor to zoom out and zoom in and saw a world of small whisker box plots. On Y axis, there is a quality score and the colour of whisker box blots is black in the middle while the upper and lower portion are dashed lines and on the x-axis, there were about 300 sequence bases. Offcourse next step is **

** but before I need to put a command to trim the left and right side of my forward and reverse reads. Which value I should use to trim length and trim right. If I choose 280 left and 0 right, the question is why? I am attaching the quality plots with some colourful questions? Please find and suggest trimming length as well as give me reasons why are you suggesting that trimming length.

Thank You!

Hi @Khaknasheen

An useful and related thread to read to resolve your questions on q2-demux summary:

Good luck!

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.