BOM in Manifest

Hello! There does seem to be a problem with my manifest file. I tried the absolute file path, though it did seem to be in the correct directory (at bottom). I altered the names of the raw files so that they don't have the S## designation, but otherwise I can't see a problem:

ManifestRun2.csv (1.2 KB)

qiime tools import \

> --type 'SampleData[PairedEndSequencesWithQuality]' \

> --input-path ManifestRun2.csv \

> --output-path paired-end-demux2.qza \

> --source-format PairedEndFastqManifestPhred33

There was a problem importing ManifestRun2.csv:

ManifestRun2.csv is not a(n) PairedEndFastqManifestPhred33 file

(qiime2-2018.6) Cybeles-MacBook-Pro:qiime2-skate3 cybelecollins$ qiime tools import \

> --type 'SampleData[PairedEndSequencesWithQuality]' \

> --input-path /Users/cybelecollins/qiime2-skate3/ManifestRun2.csv \

> --output-path paired-end-demux2.qza \

> --source-format PairedEndFastqManifestPhred33

There was a problem importing /Users/cybelecollins/qiime2-skate3/ManifestRun2.csv:

/Users/cybelecollins/qiime2-skate3/ManifestRun2.csv is not a(n) PairedEndFastqManifestPhred33 file

Hey there @Cybele_C!

Okay, I took a look at the attached file, and to quote @ebolyen:

ManifestRun2.csv (1.2 KB)

I removed the BOM, and attached above. Give that a shot and let us know!

@ebolyen and I are planning on addressing this during the 2018.10 development cycle, so stay tuned! :qiime2: :t_rex:

2 Likes

Hello! I tried my original manifest file in text edit after pressing the delete button at the beginning. This worked.

Programming is very mysterious, but becoming more intriguing - deep into Wikipedia right now. Thank you for the new information and the help. I appreciate it so much.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.