Argument to parameter ‘classifier’ is not a subtype of TaxonomicClassifier

Hi All,

I have been trying to get my classifier trained but when I run on my rep-sep.qza keep getting the following error…

Plugin error from feature-classifier:

Argument to parameter ‘classifier’ is not a subtype of TaxonomicClassifier.

Debug info has been saved to /tmp/qiime2-q2cli-err-02wkodbh.log

The log information is:
File “/usr/local/anaconda/4.3.1-Python3.5-gcc5/envs/qiime2-2018.4/lib/python3.5/site-packages/q2cli/commands.py”, line 274, in call
results = action(**arguments)
File “”, line 2, in classify_sklearn
File “/usr/local/anaconda/4.3.1-Python3.5-gcc5/envs/qiime2-2018.4/lib/python3.5/site-packages/qiime2/sdk/action.py”, line 199, in bound_callable
self.signature.check_types(**user_input)
File “/usr/local/anaconda/4.3.1-Python3.5-gcc5/envs/qiime2-2018.4/lib/python3.5/site-packages/qiime2/core/type/signature.py”, line 299, in check_types
“subtype of %r.” % (name, spec.qiime_type))
TypeError: Argument to parameter ‘classifier’ is not a subtype of TaxonomicClassifier.

I am unsure if the problem is my rep-seqs or the classifier…

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Hi @black.beaker,

It sounds like you are inputting the wrong type of file to the classifier parameter. You can use this command to check the type of the file that you are trying to use:

qiime tools peek file.qza

The type should be TaxonomicClassifier

I am guessing that you are following this tutorial but if not take a look and that should help you sort out the inputs.

I hope that helps!

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.