Ancom F statistic

Hello Qiime2 community,
I am interested in extracting the F statistic from the Ancom output, in addition to the W statistic. I saw previous posts describing that the x-axis is summarizing the effect size difference of the given species between treatment groups, and the y-axis is the strength of the ANCOM test statistic (W). If this is the case, I would like to report both in the data table I am presenting for this analysis. Is there a way to do this that I am missing?
Thank you for your help.

Hi @astro-89. Sorry, having a little trouble parsing your question.

Are you asking if you could present the F-statistic in addition to the W-statistic? I don’t see a reason why not. However, the F-statistic is calculated mainly for diagnostic purposes to help identify potential issues with the ANCOM analysis. For instance, if there were a ton of OTUs with really high F-statistic, that would not be a good sign (since ANCOM makes the assumption that few OTUs are changing).

Because of this, the F-statistic is not included in the downloads with the W-statistic and the null hypotheses.

Hi Jamie, Thanks for your response. Yes, I was asking if there was a way to visualize and download the values of the F statistic for reporting purposes, because I was under the impression that it was important to interpreting the W statistic. I guess my understanding of the F statistic was confused by some of the previous explanations on this forum, but now I see that perhaps it is not necessary to report. Thanks, Kate

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.