Alfa diversity indices for each sample

Hello,

Concerning boxplots for alfa diversity and the command:
qiime diversity alpha-group-significance.

I am looking at my nice boxplots as I write this.
I am wondering if there is any way to generate boxplots which has two categorial variables (for example: healthy/infected on x-axis and sampletype1-sampletype2 indicated as boxes next to each other in diffrent color - This means 4 boxes in total) in qiime2.
If not, I am wondering how I can obtain the alfa indices from each sample (which is the foundation for the qiime2 boxplots that I am looking at) to take this further to for example R.

I have paired-end illumina Miseq-data of 162 (v3-v4) and use version 2021.8.
The question I am trying to look into is, if I can gain more/different information about disease x by sampletype 1 or 2.

Thank you very much.

Hello!
To get an image like this you will need to create it outside of qiime2 in R or Python.
You can find alpha diversity indices in the same files you used as input for alpha-group-significance command (alpha-metric_vector.qza). To export it as a .tsv table, please, check this tutorial.

Thank you very much! I simply ran the following command on the shannon_vector.qza:

qiime tools export
--input-path feature-table.qza
--output-path exported-feature-table

The output file contained a tsv table with all samples and the Shannon index for each of them.

Happy happy

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.