About installation of Qiime2 on virtual machine

HI,

I am trying to use miniconda to install qiime2, but it seems that the environment does not have enough space. I was trying to install qiime1, but not succeed.

CondaError: IOError(28, ‘No space left on device’)

Could you please help me to clean the miniconda environment or give me some suggestions on this issue?

Thanks

jia

Hi @Jia! You mentioned you're installing this in a virtual machine (VM). Have you looked into using one of the QIIME 2 virtual machines? Those are officially supported images and include a QIIME 2 installation. Installing with miniconda should only be necessary if you're doing a native install or are needing to create your own VM image.

Could you please help me to clean the miniconda environment or give me some suggestions on this issue?

You can run conda clean --all -y to clean conda's cache, that may free up some disk space.

Another thing to check is that you're giving your VM access to enough hard disk space (there are resources online that can help you with this).

I think your easiest option though is to use one of the pre-built VMs we distribute.

1 Like

Hi, Jai Ram

Thanks for your reply. I have a visual machine access from a super computer cluster and I wanna install QIIME 2 over there. Could you please give me some suggestions of the link that I can follow to install?

Thanks

Jia

Hi @Jia,

You should be able to just follow the link in Jai's post:

Hope that helps!

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.