About importing files of qc_mock_observed and qc_mock_expected

Hi, Nicholas

I have read a few posts about this topic and they are very helpful to my question. However, I still could not import the files properly.

I have written qc_mock_observed and qc_mock_expected and saved in .txt files.

#OTU_ID expected
k__Bacteria; p__Firmicutes; c__Bacilli; o__Bacillales; f__Staphylococcaceae; g__Staphylococcus; s__aureus 15.5
k__Bacteria; p__Proteobacteria; c__Gammaproteobacteria; o__Enterobacteriales; f__Enterobacteriaceae; g__Salmonella; s__enterica 10.4
k__Bacteria; p__Firmicutes; c__Bacilli; o__Bacillales; f__Bacillaceae; g__Bacillus; s__subtilis 17.4
k__Bacteria; p__Firmicutes; c__Bacilli; o__Bacillales; f__Listeriaceae; g__Listeria; s__monocytogenes 14.1
k__Bacteria; p__Proteobacteria; c__Gammaproteobacteria; o__Enterobacteriales; f__Enterobacteriaceae; g__Escherichia; s__coli 10.1
k__Bacteria; p__Firmicutes; c__Bacilli; o__Lactobacillales; f__Lactobacillaceae; g__Lactobacillus; s__fermentum 18.4
k__Bacteria; p__Firmicutes; c__Bacilli; o__Lactobacillales; f__Enterococcaceae; g__Enterococcus; s__faecalis 9.9
k__Bacteria; p__Proteobacteria; c__Gammaproteobacteria; o__Pseudomonadales; f__Pseudomonadaceae; g__Pseudomonas; s__aeruginosa 4.2
#OTU_ID observed
k__Archaea; p__Euryarchaeota; c__Methanomicrobia; o__Methanomicrobiales; f__Methanocorpusculaceae; g__Methanocorpusculum; s__ 0
k__Bacteria; p__Acidobacteria; c__Acidobacteriia; o__Solibacterales; f__Solibacteraceae(Subgroup3); g__Bryobacter; s__ 0
k__Bacteria; p__Acidobacteria; c__Acidobacteriia; o__Solibacterales; f__Solibacteraceae(Subgroup3); g__; s__ 0

I am trying to convert the files into . qza, but got the following error messages.
qiime tools import --input-path qc-mock-expected.txt --output-path qc-mock-expected.qza --type DistanceMatrix
There was a problem importing qc-mock-expected.txt:

qc-mock-expected.txt is not a(n) LSMatFormat file

Could you please give me some suggestions on it?



Sorry that the content in the .txt files might be a bit confusing. In the file of expected mock community, there are all eight species and the values are out of 100. In the file of observed mock community, I only listed three species, there are counts in OTU table.

Hi, again

Just realised that the import file type was not right. I tried
qiime tools import
–input-path qc-mock-observed.txt
–output-path qc-mock-observed.qza
–type FeatureTable

But got another error message.
TypeError: 0 cannot be used as a field to FeatureTable[{content}] (not a type).
An unexpected error has occurred:
0 cannot be used as a field to FeatureTable[{content}] (not a type).



Hi @Jia,
You have the wrong type again. You want FeatureTable[RelativeFrequency], but ONLY after you have converted to biom-table format. See the final section of this tutorial for a very similar example:

Hi, Nicholas

Thanks for the reply. It works and I can get the .biom files and .qza files. However, when I run the qiime quality-control evaluate-composition, I always got the following error message.

qiime quality-control evaluate-composition \

> --i-expected-features qc-mock-expected.qza \

> --i-observed-features qc-mock-observed.qza \

> --o-visualization qc-mock-comparison.qzv

Plugin error from quality-control:

"None of [Index(['observed'], dtype='object')] are in the [index]"

Debug info has been saved to /var/folders/v9/gy5c6y6j3b9cz3f2ccj5lj0m0000gn/T/qiime2-q2cli-err-6z0scyt1.log

I tried to do the below two commands, I can get results. I guess the names of taxa have to be exactly the same in two files (qc-mock-expected.qza and qc-mock-observed.qza).
qiime quality-control evaluate-composition
--i-expected-features qc-mock-expected.qza
--i-observed-features qc-mock-expected.qza
--o-visualization qc-mock-comparison.qzv

qiime quality-control evaluate-composition
--i-expected-features qc-mock-observed.qza
--i-observed-features qc-mock-observed.qza
--o-visualization qc-mock-comparison.qzv

I wanted to get a results mentioned in this tutorial, docs/quality-control.rst at master · qiime2/docs · GitHub and I want to get the results as shown in attached file qc-mock-3-comparison.qzv (339.7 KB)

It seems that I can get the differences of taxa in 7 taxonomic levels. However, I have very limited import information for qc-mock-expected.qza. So, I am wondering whether it will work for this case.
I have modified the expected mock community and the observed mock community files to match the OTU_ID, here attached the two files
qc-mock-expected.qza (6.8 KB)
qc-mock-observed.qza (6.8 KB).



Yes, you need to have the same sample IDs, or use use a metadata file and column to indicate how the same names map between observed and expected files.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.