about feature-table filter samples - issue with metadata

Hi I want to eliminate 15 samples from the table and run the analysis.
I tried running qiime like below:

qiime feature-table filter-samples
--i-table table.qza
--m-metadata-file HCmetadata-new.tsv \
--p-where ""sample-id" NOT IN ('sample21', 'sample25', 'sample26', 'sample27', 'sample29', 'sample39', 'sample55', 'sample57', 'sample59', 'sample60', 'sample76', 'sample77', 'sample85', 'sample87', 'sample112)" \
--o-filtered-table table-elim.qza

and I keep running into this error no matter what I change and try.

"There was an issue with loading the file as metadata:

Metadata file path doesn't exist, or the path points to something other than a file. Please check that the path exists, has read permissions, and points to a regular file (not a directory):

There may be more errors present in the metadata file. To get a full report, sample/feature metadata files can be validated with Keemei: https://keemei.qiime2.org

Find details on QIIME 2 metadata requirements here: https://docs.qiime2.org/2020.2/tutorials/mHCmetadata-new.tsv (3.6 KB) HCmetadata-new.tsv (3.6 KB) etadata/"

But it's the same metadata that I've used multiple times in analyses like alpha and beta diversity. Why is it not working in this filter-sample command?
I'm attaching my metadata as well.

Hi!

Do you have a
\
in the end of this line?

Ah yes, I do. I’m not sure why it wasn’t pasted in there.
Are other parts correct as well, such as --p-where?
Not sure what the problem is.

Hi @risio6076,
Welcome to the forum!

This error is generally raised when the file is not where the script is looking. In other words, are you sure HCmetadata-new.stv is in fact in the current directory you are running this script from? If you type ls do both the metadata file and the table.qza files appear? If not, make sure that you direct the script to the absolute-path location of your file(s).

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.