(1/1) Invalid value for '--i-table': 'table.qza' is not a QIIME 2 Artifac (.qza)

here is my code:
qiime feature-table summarize --i-table table.qza -o-visualization table.qzv --m-sample-metadata-file sample-metadata.tsv

Here is my table.qza file
table.qza (59.6 KB)

And here is the error message:

--i-table ARTIFACT FeatureTable[Frequency | RelativeFrequency |
PresenceAbsence] The feature table to be summarized. [required]
--m-sample-metadata-file METADATA...
(multiple The sample metadata.
arguments will
be merged) [optional]
--o-visualization VISUALIZATION
--output-dir PATH Output unspecified results to a directory
--verbose / --quiet Display verbose output to stdout and/or stderr
during execution of this action. Or silence output
if execution is successful (silence is golden).
--example-data PATH Write example data and exit.
--citations Show citations and exit.
--help Show this message and exit.

                There was a problem with the command:                 

(1/1) Invalid value for '--i-table': 'table.qza' is not a QIIME 2 Artifac

I'd appreciate it a lot if anyone can help me solve it.

I used the same code for my previous project last year and it worked before. But now it did not.

Hello @Holly_FL,

Would you mind sharing the table.qza file here if you feel comfortable sharing it?

1 Like

table.qza (59.6 KB)
Here it is.

Hi, I shared it yesterday. Could you help me with that? Many thanks
table.qza (59.6 KB)

Hello @Holly_FL,

I don't see anything wrong with your artifact. Are you sure it exists in the directory in which you ran that command? If you also attach your metadata file I can try to run this command to investigate.

I sent you via message, let me know whether you have received it. Thanks!

Hello @Holly_FL,

The command executed fine for me:
table.qzv (441.4 KB)

There is probably some confusion about file paths, or somehow another file got renamed to table.qza. Try downloading the artifact and metadata that you shared with me, placing them into a new directory, and running the command there.

Thanks, I tried but still no help. The most possible reason is that the version of qiime2 has changed.

What version of qiime are you using? If you're unsure how to find out you can run qiime info to see.

I did not find this information, it was installed to my university server and I cannot do any installation there myself. I used HPC to run my project.

@Holly_FL, to help us debug this issue, can you do the following and post the output here.

  1. Change to the directory that contains your table.qza file.
  2. Run ls and post the output.
  3. Run qiime tools peek table.qza, and post the output.
  4. Run qiime feature-table summarize --i-table table.qza --o-visualization table.qzv --m-sample-metadata-file sample-metadata.tsv and post the output.
  5. Run qiime info and post the output.


1 Like

Thanks for your suggestions. After my IT department updated the qiime2 to the latest version on HPC. This problem was solved finally. Thanks a lot for all people who helped during those days!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.