What statistical test I utilize using Qiime 2 for my experiment?

(Khak Nasheen) #1

Dear Sir,

I have a question about the statistics used in the Qiime 2. I have Two different soils, One is peat and other is clay and silty type and 4-time points, 2 months, 4 months, 6 months, 8 months. After two months I extract DNA from each soil, I send to the company, then after 4 months then 6 months and 8 months. I want to compare time microbiome within the time points of each soil i.e. 2 months with 4 months, 4 months with 6 months and 6 months with 8 months and want to compare timepoints between the two types of soil like 2 months of one soil with the two months of other soil. Which statistical analysis can I use in Qime 2 for this type of experiment? Can I use permanova or Ancom as in the moving material tutorial?

Waiting for assistance!

(Matthew Ryan Dillon) #2

(Nicholas Bokulich) #3

Hi @khaknasheen,

Sure, these would be appropriate tests. beta-group-significance can even compute pairwise permanova tests to conveniently compare between all time points and soil types.

You could also check out q2-longitudinal, which may be useful since you have sampled these same sites over multiple time points.

I hope that helps!

(Nicholas Bokulich) #4

(Khak Nasheen) #5

Dear Researcher,

Thanks Solved!