Dear QIIME2 Team,
my name is Tim, I am a physician/researcher at the NIH. I am currently analyzing microbiome data from our weight loss study in QIIME2. I use the newest QIIME2 version, which I natively installed on my MacBook Pro using miniconda. I already completed the moving pictures tutorial. However, I am not sure if QIIME2 can do the analyses I would like to do.
- 15 participants underwent 6 weeks of in-patient caloric restriction with a liquid diet
- Stool samples were taken at Baseline, weekly from Week 1 to 6 during the weight loss period, and at the post-weight loss period (in total 8 time points)
- Meta data includes weight lost and stool calories
- Do certain bacteria/features at baseline predict weight loss?
- Do changes in bacteria/features during caloric restriction correlate with concomitant changes in stool calories?
Question to you as QIIME2 experts:
- Is there a way to do these analyses in QIIME2? I already found the longitudinal analysis tool but I am not sure if I can also use it for this kind of analysis?
Thanks so much for helping out