Unable to use qiime2 after successful conda install

Hello!

I am currently trying to run Qiime2 on a remote HPC and installed using a conda environment. To install qiime i used

conda create --name qiime2
conda activate qiime2
conda install conda install -c "qiime2/label/r2022.8" qiime2

one the environment was activated and qiime2 was installed, i double checked the installation by using

qiime --help

and was given this error message

-bash: qiime: command not found

I have tried using the 2023.2 version as well as the previous version (shown here).

I performed conda list to make sure everything was installed, and i've attached the environment below. I am not sure where to go from here. I did a little digging into the actual environment to see if i could located the qiime package to make sure everything was installed correctly but interestingly i could not find the actual qiime2 package anywhere within /home/hhallow1/.conda/envs/qiime

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Hi @Haley_Hallowell, welcome to :qiime2:!

The proper way to install QIIME 2 is outlined here. Just click the tab for your operating system of choice.

-Mike

1 Like

Hi mike! Turns out qiime2 was already natively installed on the HPC. I am running into another error with DADA2, but will open a new ticket for that.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.