Unable to find manifest file

Hello,
I am trying to do my first import of fastq files into Qiime2 and keep getting the error that the path to the manifest file does not exist. Because I am used to working with windows, I'm wondering if I am misunderstanding the directories in Qiime2. If I make a directory in Qiime2 with the same name as on my hard-drive where the data is, will Qiime2 access my hard-drive or will the directory I made in Qiime2 only be useable within the Qiime2 environment? If the latter, how do I tell Qiime2 where the data is?
Thank you,
Catherine

Location of files:

Hi @cab!

First, you are trying to import your fastq and manifest files: in the input-path parameter, you should include the absolute directory path to the q_trimmed_seqs folder (without enter inside the folder), that would avoid problems (you can use the cd command to enter in the folder and the pwd in the terminal to find out what is your absolute directory path). And also, the fastq files should be in a compress form as fastq.gz files.

So then, the command should be:

qiime tools import --type 'SampleData[SequencesWithQuality]'  --input-path "$PWD/qtrimmedseqs/" --input-format SingleEndFastqManifiestPhred33 --output-path "thenameyouwant.qza"

(In the output-path parameter, you can use the name you prefer :slight_smile: ).

About that, I guess you are using the Linux subsystem inside Windows... And maybe this post could help you:

I hope I have been helpful!

Best,

Elsa

Thank you @elsamdea, that was really helpful :blush:. I'll give it a whirl and see how I go.
Thanks again,
Catherine

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.