Type error in qiime

Hello,
I have installed qiime2 studio in linux. It was working but I was unable to close it. So I closed the linux system once and opened again. After that, whenever I am running a command in qiime (like qiime metadata) it is showing a TypeError: init() got multiple values for argument 'obj'

Here is the screenshot for more information:

Any idea about what happened?

Thanks,
Sourav

Hi @Sourav_Dutta,

Thanks for reaching out!

q2studio is not currently maintained by the QIIME 2 core development team at this time, and we will actually be depreciating it in our November software update. There may be some conflicting dependencies that are causing this issue within your QIIME 2 environment.

I'd recommend uninstalling q2studio first and then try re-activating your QIIME 2 environment to see if that resolves the issue. If it doesn't, I'd go ahead and delete this environment and just re-install QIIME 2 in a fresh environment, which should resolve the issue.

I'd recommend using q2cli (which already comes with any QIIME 2 installation) as your UI of choice, as opposed to q2studio. If you are looking for a GUI for any QIIME 2 visualizations, you can use QIIME 2 View.

Hope this helps!

Cheers :lizard:

1 Like

Hi @lizgehret,
Yess! re-installing the Qiime2 environment worked. Thank you,

Cheers

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.