Taxonomy barplot appear empty

Hi, I am relatively new to QIIME 2. I have generated a taxonomy barplot but it appears empty. I had an error of Feature ids missing so I have filtered them with this command.

qiime feature-table filter-features > --i-table table.qza \

--m-metadata-file taxonomy.qza
--o-filtered-table id-filtered-table.qza
Saved FeatureTable[Frequency] to: id-filtered-table.qza

Then generated this:
(qiime2-2020.8) qiime2@qiime2core2020-8:~$ qiime taxa barplot \

--i-table id-filtered-table.qza
--i-taxonomy taxonomy.qza
--m-metadata-file sample-metadata.tsv
--o-visualization taxa-bar-plots.qzv
Saved Visualization to: taxa-bar-plots.qzv

but no plots came out

Hi @zhenfei91,

Welcome to the :qiime2: forum! It looks like you may need to do some sluthing here :female_detective:. There are three places to start looking.

1. What does your feature table summary look like? How many counts do you have there?
  2. What does your taxonomic summary look like? Can you see a clear overlap between features
  3. How did you get your taxonomy and feature table?

Best,
Justine

Hi, thanks for your reply. Are these two the summary you mentioned? I am still not sure how I can interpret/fix the plot. As for how I get those, I followed the commands from Moving Picture Tutorial.

Hi @zhenfei91,

I'm not sure either, that's why I want to help guide you through a step by step process to figure out where things might have gone wrong. But, to be able to trouble shoot, you need to go back several steps and look at the way your data got to the plot. It's hard to do that without the commands you ran. It's also hard to do that without seeing the artifacts. Those contain additional information that might help, they're also easier to read/flip through that screenshots. If you're not comfortable posting the artifacts, you can send them by DM.

Best,
Justine

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.