Taxonomic Visualization Error

Hi, I have been attempting to run this command:

qiime metadata tabulate \
  --m-input-file ./taxonomy.qza \
  --o-visualization ./taxonomy.qzv

However, every time I do it will give me an error saying my --m-input-file is not a metadata file. I'm unsure why this is happen as I am following the instructions listed in the Parkinson's Mouse Tutorial. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Hi @cgregg1227!

We need some additional information in order to effectively help you:

1. What version of QIIME 2 are you using?
  2. Please copy-and-paste the entire error message, from top to bottom - this is useful context for us to have in trying to help understand the root cause of any errors.

Thanks! :qiime2:

1 Like

Hi @thermokarst ,

Thank you for your help with this! The version of QIIME 2 I am using is 2021.4.0 and here is the entire error message:

Hi @cgregg1227,

Thanks for sharing those details! Jumping in for @thermokarst on this one to help you troubleshoot a bit further.

The error in the screenshot you provided states the following:

Metadata filepath doesn't exist, or the path points to something other than a file.
Please check that the path exists, has read permissions, and points to a regular file (not a directory):

./mnt/nfs/proj/bcp/Microbiome/16S/Data/BCPE/tbmh/taxonmy-tbmh.tsv

These recommendations are what I would start with (if you haven't already). Double check that your filepath is correct, that you have read permissions on it, and that it is pointing to a file vs. a directory (which it looks like it is, from the above error message).

Additionally, I want to point out the rest of the message just to cover all of your bases.

There may be more errors present in the metadata file.
To get a full report, sample/feature metadata files can be validated with Keemei:

https://keemei/qiime2.org

Find details on QIIME 2 metadata requirements here:

https://docs.qiime2.org/2021.4/tutorials/metadata/

These resources will be beneficial if you run into any issues with the formatting in your metadata file.

Hope this helps!

Cheers :qiime2: :lizard:

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.