Qurro installation on Monterrey 12.4

Hello

I updated to Monterrey 12.4 from OS 10 and installed qiime2-2022.2.

I am trying to install Qurro but the python version is not compatible, 3.9.13. I tried to install lower versions and use pyenv to change between versions but somehow it doesnt let me. I installed and update both brew and conda. I does appear there are other options in my system but not sure whats wrong. Trying to change the global python with pyenv global doesnt do anything. I admit I am a total novice on python... Here are some of the commands and output. Any suggestions? Thank you :slight_smile:

(base) mpb@MBP-MACPRO ~ % pyenv versions
system

• 3.6.4 (set by /Users/mpb/.python-version)
    ====
    (base) mpb@MBP-MACPRO ~ % python

Python 3.9.13 | packaged by conda-forge | (main, May 27 2022, 17:01:00)

[Clang 13.0.1 ] on darwin

Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.

======
(base) mpb@MBP-MACPRO ~ % conda install -c conda-forge qurro

Collecting package metadata (current_repodata.json): done
Solving environment: failed with initial frozen solve. Retrying with flexible solve.
Solving environment: failed with repodata from current_repodata.json, will retry with next repodata source.
Collecting package metadata (repodata.json): done
Solving environment: failed with initial frozen solve. Retrying with flexible solve.
Solving environment: /
Found conflicts! Looking for incompatible packages.
This can take several minutes. Press CTRL-C to abort.
failed

UnsatisfiableError: The following specifications were found
to be incompatible with the existing python installation in your environment:

Specifications:

• qurro -> python[version='>=3.6,<3.7.0a0|>=3.7,<3.8.0a0']

Your python: python=3.9

Hi @mpodar,

Assuming your intent is to run Qurro, DEICODE, and Songbird together, then you need to install an older version of QIIME 2. Specifically, 2020.6, as that is the last version that will support all three plugins simultaneously, as far as I am aware. I always install 2020.6 along with the latest version of QIIME 2 , so I can pass data (QZAs) between these two environments.

2 Likes

Thanks Mike. Mixing old and new, sure.

I hope youre well .

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.