Question from New Kid - Statistical analysis for part of the data

Hi everyone!
I’m really green in terms of Qiime2 and sorry if my question will be trivial.
I’m analysing bacterial community in coleopterans form different taxons and trophic guilds and
I want to perform statistical analysis (Alpha and Beta Diversities) for exapmle only for Phytophaga (one of the categorical values in my metadata file). Does anybody know how to do that?
Cheers,
Michał

Welcome to the neighborhood! :houses:

Have you had a chance to look over the tutorials? In particular the overview tutorial and "moving pictures" dataset tutorial may help orient you.

Sounds like you have a bunch of different samples collected from different subjects and you want to focus in on the Phytophaga. Since this is in a categorical column in your sample metadata file, you can filter your feature table to contain only those samples following the instructions here, then proceed with alpha/beta diversity analyses as shown in the "moving pictures" tutorial.

The overview tutorial has a flowchart showing various possible diversity analyses (and others) once you have this filtered feature table.

I hope that helps!

1 Like

Yes!!!
That’s what I was looking for!
Thank you very, very much :wink:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.