Quasi-Likelihood method appropriate?

Hi…I would like to double check whether the the quasi-likelihood method, (glmQLFit and glmQLFTest), are correct to use when looking for genes which expression is affected by a selected polymorphism? I have a SNP of interest and run the glmQLFit which gave me nice logical results. However, the bioinformatician I talked to told me edgeR is not an appropriate tool for this sort of analysis

Welcome to the forum, @AlliPlatt!
I’ve moved this into its own topic, as it appears to be unrelated to the topic where it was posted. I’m not qualified to answer your question, but hopefully it’s a little more visible here and someone else can help you out.

Please feel free to adjust the title as needed to accurately represent your question. In future, please open a new topic for any new question you might have - it makes it easier for the community to keep things organized.

Thanks so much, and good luck with your analysis!
Chris :sheep:

1 Like

Hi @AlliPlatt,

Welcome to the :qiime2: forum!

This sounds a bit like an RNAseq question where you’re correlating the genome with the expression of a gene. Unfortunately, Im not sure we’re the best place to help with this unless it’s bacterial (and possibly not even then!) I think if it’s an RNA-seq/genome question outside the microbiome, you may have better luck on a genetics forum or stackoverflow.

Best,
Justine

1 Like