Qime 2 2023.9: Not able to install qiime2 amplicon- Solving environment: failed

Previous versions of qiime2 used to work well for me in windows (via WSL). However, after the new upgrade to Qiime 2 2023.9, I'm not able to create environment for "qiime2 amplicon distribution", despite following the instructions on this link (Natively installing QIIME 2 — QIIME 2 2023.9.2 documentation) verbatim. I keep getting a "Solving environment: failed" error. Not sure what to do. Putting a screenshot of the error in WSL below.

Hi @Sreeram_Udayan,

Welcome to the :qiime2: forum :wave:t3:

Have you made sure to run conda update conda prior to installing this version of QIIME 2? If not, please do so, and make sure you are on version 23.10.0 or greater (you can check your version by running conda --version).

Something I suspect may be causing this failure is the particular solver being used by conda - historically, they have used their 'classic' in-house solver which has since been replaced by the libmamba solver. We used the latter to resolve the environment file associated with the 2023.9 release - so you should have success using the updated solver that is set as the default in conda versions 23.10.0 or newer.

Hope this helps! Cheers :lizard:

1 Like

Hi, I tried conda update conda and it didn't help. Also tried uninstalling and removing conda, and it didn't help me either. Then i uninstalled my ubuntu wsl app in windows and reinstalled it and followed the instructions, it worked! , so I'm able to use qiime2 2023.9 now. Thanks for your tip.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.