qiime2 dada2 error return code -9

Hi, guys. I got an error while running dada2 in qiime2 2020.11(installed through conda in MacOS).
.time qiime dada2 denoise-paired --i-demultiplexed-seqs paired-end-namucuo.qza --p-trim-left-f 13 --p-trim-left-r 13 --p-trunc-len-f 150 --p-trunc-len-r 150 --o-table table.qza --o-representative-sequences rep-seqs.qza --o-denoising-stats denoising-stats.qza
Plugin error from dada2:

An error was encountered while running DADA2 in R (return code -9), please inspect stdout and stderr to learn more.

Debug info has been saved to /var/folders/7_/07m4jm8d57bfs21kswrntcwh0000gn/T/qiime2-q2cli-err-u6z0rzkv.log

Is there anyone who knows how to solve this problem? Thanks.

Welcome to the forum @yulong!

Return code -9 is usually a memory error — i.e., your computer is running out of memory.

This is a common issue: I recommend using the search function to search the forum archives for similar issues and troubleshooting advice for this issue. As it doesn’t look like you are running multiple jobs in parallel, using a more powerful computer is probably what is required for dada2, unfortunately.

Good luck!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.