Qiime dada2 denoise-paired

Hello, everyone,
I started analysis on qiime2 but I have problems with qiime dada2 denoise-paired (cmd=qiime dada2 denoise-paired --i-demultiplexed-seqs demux-paired-end.qza --o-table table.qza --o-representative-sequences rep-seqs.qza --p-trim-left-f 0 --p-trim-left-r 0 --p-trunc-len-f 200 --p-trunc-len-r 200), after running for about 2hours, this error presented itself:

Plugin error from dada2:
An error was encountered while running DADA2 in R (return code -9), please inspect stdout and stderr to learn more.
Debug info has been saved to /tmp/qiime2-q2cli-err-wk2njlcu.log
I use qiime2 2018.2 on virtualbox.
Help me please.
Thanks

Could you please post the contents of the file /tmp/qiime2-q2cli-err-wk2njlcu.log?

If that file no longer exists, please re-run your command with --verbose added to the end of the command, and post the complete output here.

Thanks!

Thank you for your assistance,
The file /tmp/qiime2-q2cli-err-wk2njlcu.log? does not exist.
Then I re-run the command as you suggest.
qiime dada2 denoise-paired --i-demultiplexed-seqs demux-paired-end.qza --o-table table.qza --o-representative-sequences rep-seqs.qza --p-trim-left-f 0 --p-trim-left-r 0 --p-trunc-len-f 200 --p-trunc-len-r 200 --verbose
Running external command line application(s). This may print messages to stdout and/or stderr.
The command(s) being run are below. These commands cannot be manually re-run as they will depend on temporary files that no longer exist.

Command: run_dada_paired.R /tmp/tmppo8i3hxz/forward /tmp/tmppo8i3hxz/reverse /tmp/tmppo8i3hxz/output.tsv.biom /tmp/tmppo8i3hxz/filt_f /tmp/tmppo8i3hxz/filt_r 200 200 0 0 2.0 2 consensus 1.0 1 1000000

R version 3.4.1 (2017-06-30)
Loading required package: Rcpp
DADA2 R package version: 1.6.0

1. Filtering

…x…
2) Learning Error Rates
2a) Forward Reads
Initializing error rates to maximum possible estimate.
Plugin error from dada2:

An error was encountered while running DADA2 in R (return code -9), please inspect stdout and stderr to learn more.

Thanks

That error code indicates that your machine is running out of memory, causing dada2 to fail. Please see here or search the forum archive for some more details on alternative approaches.

Sorry I can't give a more satisfying answer! Memory issues can be difficult to overcome but in this case is an issue with the hardware, not the software.

1 Like

Thank you for your assistance,
I increased the laptop memory and it is running well for the present
Thanks

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.