QIIME 2 Weekly Developer Meeting: 2017.05.05

This is the thread for the weekly developer discussion meeting on 2017.05.05.

Meeting date/time: 2017.05.05, 8pm-9pm UTC +0000.

Note: Meeting times are reported in UTC. Therefore, your local meeting time may shift depending on your timezone’s observance of daylight savings time.

Planned Agenda

Status Updates (1-2 min per person)

• Caporaso Lab
  • Other attendees

Guided discussion (remainder of scheduled meeting time)

• This list to be updated prior to the meeting to reflect the questions/discussion points proposed in this forum thread

To help us make the best use of everyone’s time please post any discussion topics to this thread before the developer meeting. This will help us identify and prepare for any questions/topics ahead of the call. Topics or questions of discussion are open to anyone, developers or users, but we ask that these discussion points be limited to thematic QIIME 2 questions (e.g. feature proposal, plugin idea, etc.) — we will not be able to provide technical support during these calls.

The developer meeting will be recorded and posted to YouTube, we will update this post with the streaming video link shortly before the meeting.

YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4pMll9ZvJE

If there are no discussion topics posted by 2017.05.04, 11pm UTC +0000, we will announce a meeting cancellation and share our status updates on this thread.

1 Like

For the next meeting I would like to discuss the following

1. The new balance summaries that I have developed for qiime2 wrt to gneiss
  2. Some of the issues with unique identifiers with the TreeNode object (i.e. objects aren’t guaranteed to have names)

Note that the gneiss plugin is ready to go once the balance summaries get merged in. However, it would be even better if the unique identifiers problem could be solved before the workshop, since this would seriously clean up the interface.

2 Likes

I’d like to briefly review the new dada2 R package release (1.4) and bring up a couple questions related to the updated package features:

1. Support for variable amplicon lengths (read: ITS)
  2. Changing default parameters: Q2 procedure?
  3. Allowing users to pool samples.
2 Likes

I would like to discuss the q2-sample-classifier plugin that I am working on. This plugin takes a feature table as input and predicts sample (meta)data values/classes as a function of feature composition. It is still in its early stages but I would like to discuss and get some input on:

1. The core functionality and example visualizations
  2. additional method/visualizer ideas
2 Likes

I may be missing something obvious here, but how does one join these meetings?

2 Likes

Hey @benjjneb,
I’ll be sharing a link in a few minutes.

1 Like