Q2 importing step failure

Hi, I am using qiime2 2023.9 by docker and still facing problem on the importing step.
details are below
Q2 import failure - Technical Support - QIIME 2 Forum](Q2 import failure)

i get error messages like this

docker run -t -i -v %cd%:/data Quay qiime tools import --type 'SampleData[PairedEndSequenceWithQuality]' --input-path casava-18-paired-end-demultiplexed --input-format CasavaOneEightSingleLanePerSampleDirFmt --output-path demux-paired-end.qza
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/opt/conda/envs/qiime2-amplicon-2023.9/lib/python3.8/site-packages/q2cli/builtin/tools.py", line 267, in import_data
artifact = qiime2.sdk.Artifact.import_data(type, input_path,
File "/opt/conda/envs/qiime2-amplicon-2023.9/lib/python3.8/site-packages/qiime2/sdk/result.py", line 292, in import_data
type_ = qiime2.sdk.parse_type(type_)
File "/opt/conda/envs/qiime2-amplicon-2023.9/lib/python3.8/site-packages/qiime2/sdk/util.py", line 88, in parse_type
type_expr = _parse.ast_to_type(_parse.string_to_ast(string))
File "/opt/conda/envs/qiime2-amplicon-2023.9/lib/python3.8/site-packages/qiime2/core/type/parse.py", line 32, in string_to_ast
return _expr(expr.value)
File "/opt/conda/envs/qiime2-amplicon-2023.9/lib/python3.8/site-packages/qiime2/core/type/parse.py", line 71, in _expr
raise ValueError("Unknown expression: %r" % node)
ValueError: Unknown expression: <class '_ast.Constant'>

An unexpected error has occurred:

Unknown expression: <class '_ast.Constant'>

See above for debug info.

I use example data available online
Importing data — QIIME 2 2023.9.2 documentation

I have worked with other example FASTQ data with the EMP Protocol format and it worked, i got emp-single-end-sequences.qza file successfully.

so other importing step works but i cannot work with Casava 1.8 single-end demultiplexed fastq file.

Thanks for your help.

Hi @saltspring,

Thanks for reaching out :wave:t3: sorry to hear you're running into the same issue as before!

Is this happening for the exact same file you were using previously, or a different file of the same type? If it's a different file, could you please share it with me so that I can take a look and try to recreate the error on my end? Thanks! :lizard:

1 Like

Dear lizgehret,

thanks for your quick reply.
This time i use online available datasets.

https://data.qiime2.org/2023.9/tutorials/moving-pictures/emp-single-end-sequences/barcodes.fastq.gz

I could import above one according to the guidance, (there is one more for sequences.fastq.gz)
but I could not import the one below

https://data.qiime2.org/2023.9/tutorials/importing/casava-18-single-end-demultiplexed.zip

they all come from tutorial dataset (in the same webpage) so I think the dataset does not have any problems.
but still i see the error...

Best wishes,

1 Like

Hi @saltspring,

Thanks for your patience! I tested this out on my end and was unable to reproduce the error above - however, on further inspection of your original command, I think the issue is coming from your input type (i.e. the --type parameter).

You listed SampleData[PairedEndSequenceWithQuality] which actually has a small typo - it should be SampleData[PairedEndSequencesWithQuality] (i.e. Sequences should be plural, not singular).

Try re-running your command with the type adjusted accordingly, and that should resolve the issue! But please feel free to reach back out if you're still experiencing difficulties. Cheers :lizard:

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.