problems installing rescript dependencies with conda

When I try to install rescript with the “conda install -c conda-forge -c bioconda -c qiime2 -c 2023.5-tested -c defaults xmltodict 'q2-types-genomics>2023.2' ncbi-datasets-pylib” command, it shows Collecting package metadata (current_repodata.json): done
Solving environment: failed with initial frozen solve. Retrying with flexible solve. How can I successfully install it

Hi @18336130937 ,
This not a RESCRIPt issue, per se, but a conda issue. conda is having trouble installing rescript into your current environment. The message that you posted also does not indicate that it failed yet, but is still solving.

The solution would be: (1) try creating a fresh environment (depending on what else is installed in your current environment, there could be conflicts) or (2) try using mamba instead of conda, it can solve dependencies much faster than conda.

Can I install mamba again in qiime2 environment to install the rescript plug-in? I installed mamba when the qiime2 environment was not activated, but after activation, I used mamba --help to prompt that it was not installed.

yes, that should work (you must have installed mamba in another environment)

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.