problem with metadata file

Hello,

I just started working with qiime2. I was able to format the data into a .qza format succesfully. However, when I try to use the ‘qiime feature-table summarize’ function I get the following error about my metadata file:

"There was an issue with loading the file bee_metadata-test.tsv as metadata:

Metadata file path doesn’t exist, or the path points to something other than a file. Please check that the path exists, has read permissions, and points to a regular file (not a directory): bee_metadata-test.tsv

There may be more errors present in the metadata file. To get a full report, sample/feature metadata files can be validated with Keemei: https://keemei.qiime2.org

Find details on QIIME 2 metadata requirements here: https://docs.qiime2.org/2018.4/tutorials/metadata/"

I already checked the metadata file in Keemei, and it reports no errors. I am sure I am using a file not a directory. Are there any other potential sources linked to this error.

Thanks in advance!

Margarita

PS. I was unable to upload th metadata file, but I am happy to send it some other way in case that is helpful solving this problem.

1 Like

This may be obvious, but are you providing the absolute path to your metadata file? I usually make sure that that’s what is in my code in order to run QIIME2. That way I can trace back what I have performed. You can do this by right clicking on the file and pressing control. The Apple Mac OSX will be able to copy the path.

2 Likes

hi @mmlopezu,

@ben’s suggestion is a great place to start, thanks! It might be just a faulty file path. If that’s not the case, could you please also provide us with the exact commands you are trying to execute; this is generally good idea for most forum questions as to help others to try and replicate the error. As for sending the metadata file, you could try attaching the the metadata file in a private message to me or upload it to an online repository and send the link?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.