Problem upgrading to QIIME 2 2017.7 (duplicate semantic types)

Hi,
I just upgrade to qiime2-2017.7 but have some issues when looking for qiime comand lines (qiime) or plugins (qiime --help) ,

the last error message is : [ValueError: Duplicate semantic type (‘Composition’) defined in plugins: ‘composition’ and ‘types’] when typing [qiime --help]
or [ValueError: Duplicate semantic type (‘Balance’) defined in plugins: ‘types’ and ‘composition’] when typing [qiime]
Is there something i missed?
thanks
Tama

Hi @biotama, it looks like you might have installed QIIME 2 2017.7 inside a previous conda environment created for QIIME 2. We have some instructions about upgrading QIIME 2. I am assuming you are performing a native installation of QIIME 2, which means you should follow the Native Installation Document. Please check out those installation upgrade and install docs and let us know if you run into any problems. Thanks!

Hi therrmokarst,
Thank you for your answer, I removed qiime2 from conda environment and i reinstalled it, it works

Thanks

Tama

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.