The following is an early developer preview of the changes expected in 2020.5
This post is a live-document which will be updated throughout our development cycle. Any links will in this topic will be broken until the release is officially published. When we are ready for release, we’ll copy this changelog and create a new post in the Announcements category.
Important Developer Information
Dates (please keep an on this post, these might change):
- PRs must be submitted by: May 11, 2020
- PRs must be merged by: May 22, 2020
- Repo Freeze and Package Building: May 27, 2020
- Release Day: May 28, 2020
Developer Project Board: https://github.com/orgs/qiime2/projects/19
Please update scripts, workflows, etc. as appropriate. Stuck? Reach out here on the forum for help. Want to test this prior to the next release of QIIME 2? Check on the “development environment” instructions here:
Here’s the highlights of the release:
- @thermokarst fixed up an error message: a tiny typo can cause a surprising amount of confusion!
@cherman2(GH) helped remind us why we don’t have multithreading options for the blast classifier - thanks for the research and code comments!