Plugin error from taxa barplot

Hi, Im having an issue when trying to plot my bar plot according to my frequency table, reference taxonomy, and metadata. The error looks like this:

Plugin error from taxa:
unhashable type: 'Float64Index'
Debug info has been saved to /tmp/qiime2-q2cli-err-9ew1sauo.log

my command was as follows:

qiime taxa barplot
--i-table table2.qza
--i-taxonomy classifier-taxonomy-test.qza
--m-metadata-file metadatafinal.tsv
--o-visualization taxa-bar-plots.qzv

the error log looks like this:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/qiime2/miniconda/envs/qiime2-2017.12/lib/python3.5/site-packages/q2cli/commands.py", line 224, in call
results = action(**arguments)
File "", line 2, in barplot
File "/home/qiime2/miniconda/envs/qiime2-2017.12/lib/python3.5/site-packages/qiime2/sdk/action.py", line 228, in bound_callable
output_types, provenance)
File "/home/qiime2/miniconda/envs/qiime2-2017.12/lib/python3.5/site-packages/qiime2/sdk/action.py", line 424, in callable_executor
ret_val = self._callable(output_dir=temp_dir, **view_args)
File "/home/qiime2/miniconda/envs/qiime2-2017.12/lib/python3.5/site-packages/q2_taxa/_visualizer.py", line 29, in barplot
collapsed_tables = _extract_to_level(taxonomy, table)
File "/home/qiime2/miniconda/envs/qiime2-2017.12/lib/python3.5/site-packages/q2_taxa/_util.py", line 35, in _extract_to_level
collapsed_table = _collapse_table(table, taxonomy, level, max_obs_lvl)
File "/home/qiime2/miniconda/envs/qiime2-2017.12/lib/python3.5/site-packages/q2_taxa/_util.py", line 25, in _collapse_table
return table.groupby(table.columns, axis=1).agg(sum)
File "/home/qiime2/miniconda/envs/qiime2-2017.12/lib/python3.5/site-packages/pandas/core/generic.py", line 5162, in groupby
**kwargs)
File "/home/qiime2/miniconda/envs/qiime2-2017.12/lib/python3.5/site-packages/pandas/core/groupby.py", line 1848, in groupby
return klass(obj, by, **kwds)
File "/home/qiime2/miniconda/envs/qiime2-2017.12/lib/python3.5/site-packages/pandas/core/groupby.py", line 516, in init
mutated=self.mutated)
File "/home/qiime2/miniconda/envs/qiime2-2017.12/lib/python3.5/site-packages/pandas/core/groupby.py", line 2921, in _get_grouper
if gpr in obj:
File "/home/qiime2/miniconda/envs/qiime2-2017.12/lib/python3.5/site-packages/pandas/core/generic.py", line 1075, in contains
return key in self._info_axis
File "/home/qiime2/miniconda/envs/qiime2-2017.12/lib/python3.5/site-packages/pandas/core/indexes/numeric.py", line 374, in contains
if super(Float64Index, self).contains(other):
File "/home/qiime2/miniconda/envs/qiime2-2017.12/lib/python3.5/site-packages/pandas/core/indexes/base.py", line 1694, in contains
hash(key)
File "/home/qiime2/miniconda/envs/qiime2-2017.12/lib/python3.5/site-packages/pandas/core/indexes/base.py", line 1721, in hash
raise TypeError("unhashable type: %r" % type(self).name)
TypeError: unhashable type: 'Float64Index'

Not really sure how to proceed from here. I have attached the files as well. Any direction you could give would be greatly appreciated. Thankstable2.qza (54.3 KB)
metadatafinal.tsv (65.2 KB)
classifier-taxonomy-test.qza (1.1 MB)

Hi @pnayak!

This looks very similar to another recent thread:

I ran feature-table summarize and metadata tabulate on table2.qza and classifier-taxonomy-test.qza, respectively. It looks like none of the feature IDs in your feature table are present in your taxonomy annotations:

Is it possible you mixed some files up somewhere along the way? You can double-check using provenance, if that helps at all.

Also, a quick note, we have a major overhaul to metadata coming up soon, your current metadata file will not work moving forward, because you have duplicate identifier column labels (#SampleID and SampleID). Check out this post for more info on these upcoming changes:

Keep us posted, thanks! :t_rex:

EDIT:

Open issue for cleaning up this error message.

1 Like

Ah I see, I created the taxonomic classifier using the wrong reference-seqs file. I have used the right file and I have gotten the plot without error. Thanks very much, I really appreciate the help :slight_smile:

1 Like

In the QIIME 2 2018.2 release, the changes to Metadata column headers that @thermokarst described are now in effect.

There are a number of other changes to QIIME 2 Metadata in the 2018.2 release. See this forum announcement for details on what changed, as well as the updated Metadata tutorial. :sun_with_face:

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.