Plugin error from feature-table?

Hi guys,

I'm having a plugin error issue with feature-table command, and though trying to look at past solutions could not understand what's wrong.

This is my code (version 2017.12):
> qiime feature-table summarize
> --i-table filtered_table.qza
> --o-visualization filtered_table.qzv
> --m-sample-metadata-file metarhizo.txt

I'm getting this error (it's weird, since everything worked smotthly by now and in the past, using the exact metadata file structure):

Plugin error from feature-table:
  "None of [Index(['ToRL1', 'ToRM1', 'ToRL2', 'ToRM2', 'LeRL2', 'ToRM3', 'LeRL1', 'LeRM1',\n       'LeRL3', 'ToRL3', 'LeRM2'],\n      dtype='object')] are in the [index]"
Debug info has been saved to /tmp/qiime2-q2cli-err-dihsm5b1.log

Attached is the metadata file. I looked at both the manifest and the demux and they both contain the same names, nothing is missing.

Any thoughts?
Thank you so much,
Barakmetarhizo.txt (390 Bytes)

Hello @barakdror!

Please rerun the command without the --m-sample-metadata-file flag, this will show you the sample IDs present in your feature table. Then, compare that to your metadata file --- they need to match exactly for QIIME 2 to know what to do with them.

Good luck!

:t_rex: :qiime2:

PS - you should upgrade to the latest QIIME 2 --- 2017.12 is ancient. :skull:

Thanks, I notified our Linux supporter at work to update qiime, hope he’ll do it soon.

I was able to solve the issue- just recreated the metadata file with Excel and saved it as tab-separated txt. Probably all the changes I made from run to run damaged the file proper structure.

Thanks!
Barak

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.