Plugin error from feature-classifier - (v2017.12)

Hello helpers of the QIIME2 community, many thanks in advance for advice on the below query (for paired end reads using the 341F/806R primer pair that had been processed using DADA2):

Ran the following…

qiime feature-classifier extract-reads
–i-sequences 99_otus.qza
–p-f-primer CCTACGGGNGGCWGCAG
–p-r-primer GGACTACNVGGGTWTCTAAT \
–o-reads ref-seqs.qza

With the resulting error:
Plugin error from feature-classifier:

Argument to parameter ‘sequences’ is not a subtype of FeatureData[Sequence].

Debug info has been saved to /var/folders/8x/rqqs6m296k7g3trbdz559cnm0000gp/T/qiime2-q2cli-err-jqxpf7is.log

And the debug info says:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/Users/sm939/miniconda3/envs/qiime2-2017.12/lib/python3.5/site-packages/q2cli/commands.py”, line 224, in call
results = action(**arguments)
File “”, line 2, in extract_reads
File “/Users/sm939/miniconda3/envs/qiime2-2017.12/lib/python3.5/site-packages/qiime2/sdk/action.py”, line 196, in bound_callable
self.signature.check_types(**user_input)
File “/Users/sm939/miniconda3/envs/qiime2-2017.12/lib/python3.5/site-packages/qiime2/core/type/signature.py”, line 299, in check_types
"subtype of %r." % (name, spec.qiime_type))
TypeError: Argument to parameter ‘sequences’ is not a subtype of FeatureData[Sequence].

Not sure what’s going on? Can you help? I’ve searched this forum but have not been able to find an answer.

Hi @slh277,

The error seems to imply that the 99_otus.qza is not meeting the required file type the script is expecting. When you imported it into Qiime2 did you make sure to use the --type 'FeatureData[Sequence]' option?
This information would be in the provenance of your 99_otus.qza if you don’t remember. If it’s some other format you’ll need to re-import it with the proper type. My guess is to start there!

1 Like

Exactly, @Mehrbod_Estaki!

$ qiime tools peek 99_otus.qza

will tell you what the Type is. @slh277 - can you provide the output of that above command here? Thanks! :t_rex:

1 Like

Thank you @Mehrbod_Estaki and @thermokarst!!

I missed something here and found my mistake - very silly. Sorry to take up your time!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.