Plugin error from feature-classifier (Silva)

Hello everyone and thank you in advance.
Now, I am traying to train my own classifier with SILVA 132, in the VM QIIME2 version 2022.2 with RAM 37GB using

wget -O "silva-138-99-515-806-nb-classifier.qza" https://data.qiime2.org/2021.8/common/silva-138-99-515-806-nb-classifier.qza

qiime feature-classifier classify-sklearn --i-classifier silva-138-99-515-806-nb-classifier.qza --i-reads rep-seqs.qza --o-classification taxonomy.qza --p-n-jobs 4 but my terminal gave me an error and I don´t know what’s happen Plugin error from feature-classifier: A worker process managed by the executor was unexpectedly terminated. This could be caused by a segmentation fault while calling the function or by an excessive memory usage causing the Operating System to kill the worker. The exit codes of the workers are {SIGKILL(-9)} Debug info has been saved to /tmp/qiime2-q2cli-err-7_sdknn2.log I hope you can help me once again. Cheers Khalid

Hello,

You have not enough RAM, decrease the number of jobs.

Cheers
V

Hi V,
Thank you so much for your quick replying. Why do I need to decrease the number of jobs and what is its role?
Thank you in advance

Cheers

Khalid

Hello,

With every job feature-classifier loads an instance of database to memory - less jobs, less memory it takes.

Cheers
V

2 Likes