Plugin error from diversity.... no 'between' distances

qiime2-q2cli-err-00oc8r1z.txt (1.5 KB)

Hi, I am trying to perform beta-group significance on the 'important' column (See attached metadata) test.tsv (1.4 KB) ). I've tried to change it to numerical only or alphabet only as well, but still does not work and get the same error message. The error message is as follows.

Plugin error from diversity:

All values in the grouping vector are the same. This method cannot operate on a grouping vector with only a single group of objects (e.g., there are no 'between' distances because there is only a single group).

Debug info has been saved to /tmp/qiime2-q2cli-err-00oc8r1z.log

Can someone help me, please? I've also attached the log file. Thank you in advance!

Best regards,
Rik

Hi and welcome to the forum!
I think that you are getting this error because some of the values in the column of the interest are unique, so you have only one representative sample for this group and plugin fails to calculate distances within group. To perform beta-group significance the column should contain 2 or more groups and each group in the column should have enough of replicates. So you need or to add replicates or filter out groups which do not have enough replicates.

3 Likes

Hi,

Thank you soooo much! It worked.

Best regards,
Rikeish

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.